We want everyone who visits our website to be able to access the full range of services available, regardless of their skill or technology.
This accessibility statement applies to https://climatecountydurham.org.uk/ and all applications and systems that are classed as part of that site.
This website is run by Durham County Council.
How accessible this website is
We know Microsoft Power Bi reports aren’t fully accessible.
Feedback and contact information
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page, think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements or have any feedback, please email us at email@example.com.
If you need to contact us about any other issues, please use our get in touch page.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond, please contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Durham County Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with The Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Under the Equality Act 2010 we must ensure we do not unlawfully discriminate in our service delivery and make reasonable adjustments for people with disabilities where necessary. We are constantly working to improve the accessibility and usability of our site.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Microsoft Power Bi reports
- markup: the stylesheet font-weight property is used rather than semantic markup like strong, failing success criterion 1.3.1
- background colours: some text / background colours do not have enough contrast, failing success criterion 1.4.3
- page language: this is not declared, failing success criterion 3.1.1
- attributes: some attributes do not have spaces between them, failing success criterion 4.1.1
- colours: some body or element colours are set, but not all of them, failing success criteria 1.4.3, 1.4.6 and 1.4.8
Preparation of this statement
This statement was prepared in October 2021. It was last reviewed on 27 October 2021.
We re-assess the code, design and content of a website, application or system for accessibility whenever it undergoes a major modification. We do this internally using a combination of automated and manual checking.
Main site page content is manually checked every time it is updated.