As a voting adult you now have a great deal of choice if you want to do more to protect the environment locally and globally. Simple actions:
- think about what you buy – every single thing you buy can or will have a positive or negative impact on the environment and people. – read the labels
- look to buy second-hand or refurbished items where possible
- ensure your home energy tariff is providing renewable electricity
- travel sustainably – walk, cycle or use public transport wherever possible
- grow some of your own food, its fairly simple even in a small space
There are many climate action groups across County Durham that you can get involved in, including North East England Climate Coalition and VONNE, the Climate Action Alliance. And of course, whether you’re living at home with your parents, are away in university digs or living in your own home, you can do your bit to protect the environment, save money and be healthier.
Visit the Your Home section for some useful tips and information on how you can make a difference in your living space.